Recipe of The Week — Curry Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Homemade Baked Potato Sticks
Curry Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Oven Baked Potato Sticks
- 5 potatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp water
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 green onions, chopped, green and white parts
- 10 large leaves Butter head lettuce
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Cook in a small amount of olive oil over medium heat until juices run clear, and chicken is no longer pink. Cool. (This first step can be done up to a day in advance)
- Pre-heat oven to 425°. Wash and scrub potatoes. Use a knife or French fry cutter to cut potatoes into uniform size sticks. Rinse in cold water and drain. Toss with 2 Tbsp olive oil and arrange in a single layer on a metal baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes or until done. Sprinkle with salt.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, curry powder, salt and 2 teaspoons of water; whisk well.
- Add cooled chicken, bell peppers, almonds, raisins, and green onions. Stir to combine.
- Scoop a generous portion of the chicken mixture onto the center of a lettuce leaf and roll up. Repeat. Serve with oven baked potato sticks.